• Tri-Tip or Ball Tip, NY, New York Strip Roast, Prime Rib
• Season the meat with your favorite rub.
• Cook fat side up.
• Cook for 12 to 25 minutes per pound.
• Use a meat thermometer and heat to 120º Fahrenheit or 49º Celius.
• Check temperature, don’t over-cook.
• Oven Temperature 350º
• Covered Bar.B.Que: Cook away from direct heat.
• Open Bar.B.Que: Cook over direct heat, turn periodically. Pay attention, don’t turn away. Dripping fat will catch fire.
Not everyone likes rare meat, however, well done meat requires more chewing effort. USDA recommendations, (in my opinion) will ruin a piece of meat.
USDA Safe Internal Cooking Temperatures Chart
Beef, veal and lamb (pieces and whole cuts)
Medium-rare 63°C (145°F)
Medium 71°C (160°F)
Well done 77°C (170°F)